From the entire Courts for Kids team, we would like to thank everyone who was involved in making 2014 the most successful year to date for our organization and tremendously impacting our partner communities. THANK YOU!
Here are some of the highlights of the year and make sure to click the link below to see our annual book (PDF) filled pictures and stories from trips in 2014 (CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE BOOK)
Highlights from 2014:
- We helped build 19 courts around the world!
- Courts were built in Uganda, Liberia, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Peru, and very recently in Tanzania!
- Next March, when we help build our first court in Panama, we will have completed courts in every Central American country.
- 360 US volunteers, representing at least 12 different states, participated in this year’s trips.
- Our first two international volunteers traveled to another country for a project- a student from Dubai went to Jamaica, and a volunteer from Mexico City traveled with us to Azerbaijan.
- We planned our first trip with students from a low income school in the US, and are working on our Scholarship Program for 2015.
- We hired 2 in-country staff members in the Dominican Republic and Panama.
- Our US staff expanded to 3 full-time employees and 1 part-time administrative assistant.
The list could go on, but we want to take this time to thank all volunteers, donors, partner community members, in-country hosts, and everyone else that helped make 2014 such a special year!
– The entire Courts for Kids team